2 sweet short crust pastry cases (Morrisons sell really good ones or you can make your own if you insist)
1 pint thick apple puree well sweetened
4 dessert peeled, cored and sliced.
Juice of two lemons
2 tablespoons of apricot jam
2 tablespoons of water
1. Fill the pastry cases with apple puree
2. Toss the apple slices in half the lemon juice as quickly as possible before they brown
3. Arrange the apple slices concentrically on the top of the tarts.
4. Place on a baking tray and bake in a medium oven (180ish degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Heat the jam, water and remaining lemon juice until thick and syrupy (do not allow to boil). Press through a sieve and spoon over the tart to glaze.
Serve with calvados cream.
There might be a cheffy way to make this but all I do is add calvados to taste with extra thick double cream and mix gently.
Why make two? One is never enough and if it is stick the other one in the freezer.