1.5 ml Olive Oil plus more for drizzlin
1 large onion (approx. 8oz) sliced
1 garlic clove finely chopped
5 ml dried Herbes de Provence
30ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat and cook the sliced onion and chopped garlic for approx. 20 minutes until soft and golden brown.
Spread over the base of a large gratin dish or preferable 4 single serving ones.
2. Slice the tomatoes crossways into 1/4 inch rounds
3. Slice the courgettes into the 1/2 inch rounds (leave the skin on).
4. Over the onion mixture arrange the courgette rounds on each side of the gratin dish, overlapping the rounds in a cascade. Arrange the tomato rounds in lines in the centre of the gratin dish, overlapping the rounds in a cascade. Sprinkle the herbs and freshly ground cheese over the top. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzle all over with olive oil.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Serve hot or warm.